Failed Back Surgery Treatment At FYZICAL
At FYZICAL, our patient’s have been able to benefit from our fully comprehensive approach in addressing their Failed Back Surgery and Back-Related Pain. Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, although not an actual diagnosed syndrome, is a generalized term used to describe the condition of patients who continue to experience unremitting pain after the surgical procedure.
How Does This Happen? Often times, the pain is a result of a misdiagnosed surgery. Surgery, in these cases, do not benefit the patient and their health concern, but instead make the pain worse. This causes the patient even more discomfort, and can lead to other health concerns, like Steve Kerr of the Golden State Warriors experienced in 2015. His Failed Back Surgery almost made him retire from coaching all together! Read More Below!
Interested In Learning More? Schedule a FREE Assessment Today!
Why Does Back Surgery Fail?
Failed Back Surgery occurs when the surgical procedure, typically to decompress a nerve root causing pain or to stabilize a joint, fails to correct the underlying problem, often leading the patient to experience more pain than before. The surgery can also lead to various other complications like infection, chronic pain, spinal fluid leaking into the body cavity, and more.
Back Pain Statistics
SPINE – Health Services Research.
- Physical Therapy is prescribed, on average, 7% of the time to address a patient’s Low Back Pain complaint.
- Physical Therapy is the most effective treatment to address Low Back Pain
- Physical Therapy, when prescribed to address Low Back Pain, leads to a decrease in these areas:
- The likelihood of advanced imaging (X-Rays, MRI’s, etc.)
- The likelihood of additional physician visits.
- The likelihood of major surgery
- The likelihood of Lumbar Spine Injections
- The likelihood of Opioid Medications
- The TOTAL sum of Lower Back Pain related costs were an average of $2,736.23 lower for Physical Therapy users.
How FYZICAL Can Help!
- Pain Management
- At FYZICAL, our Doctors of Physical Therapy will use various treatments and modalities to address your pain, such as electrical stimulation, heat, ice, Dry Needling, the Miracle Wave™, and more! In addition to our treatments, we have our own FDA Reviewed topical pain cream that helps our patients with their acute and chronic pain on their own! For more information, visit Fyzical123.com.
- Manual Therapy
- An important part of the FYZICAL 123® process is the actual applicator used to apply the cream to the affected sight. The applicator is ergonomically designed to help the cream penetrate the top layer of the skin, to break up scar tissue, and to stimulate the healing process by increasing the blood flow to the affected area. This process is called The Pensivy Method™.
- Therapeutic Exercise
- These exercises are designed for increasing your flexibility, to help with strengthening, and for overall endurance to help you return to your desired level of health and function.
- Functional Exercise
- These exercises are designed to help you return to your daily functioning activities, like work, home-life, or sports activities. These exercises may also include Balance and Coordination exercises.
- Self-Care Instruction
- At FYZICAL, we equip our patients with the knowledge and the tools to maintain their desired level of health and function. Your Doctor of Physical Therapy will provide you with tips to manage your pain at home, design a safe and effective Home Exercise Program for you to do in addition to your treatment, and will provide you with the knowledge of how your knee works and what trauma may cause your condition to persist.
The Steve Kerr Story
The Golden State Warriors are one of the best teams in the NBA today, but they could’ve been without their head coach for an extended period last year. Unfortunately in 2017, Steve Kerr had his 2nd stretch of health complications following his July 2015 Back Surgery procedure. His health concerns were so intense, it removed him from the sideline for most of the 2016 season. He was crippled by severe nausea, dizziness, and cripplying pain as a result of spinal fluid leaking from the site of his surgery into his body cavity. As a result of the experience, Kerr looked for various options to address his Back Pain, as it remained even after the surgery. He found the relief he needed in Physical Therapy to return to the sideline.
Steve Kerr has been a friend, patient, and member of the FYZICAL family since 2016.
INJURIES DON'T WAIT. Why Should You?
FYZICAL First is our complimentary program designed with YOU in mind! FYZICAL First provides you with direct access to the quality healthcare you need when you need it!
INJURIES DON’T WAIT. Why should you? Get FYZICAL First!