Arthritis at FYZICAL
In addition to Orthopedic Physical Therapy, we are proud offer the Las Vegas valley the following services to treat unwanted Arthritis Pain:
- Customized Athletic Strengthening and Conditioning Training
- The Miracle Wave™
- Dry Needling
- Hydrotherapy (Las Vegas’s ONLY Hydroworx Pool)
- Pilates Based Rehab
- Fascial Stretch Therapy
- Medically Based Fitness
- FYZICAL 123® Topical Pain Cream
- The Pensivy Method™
- FYZICAL® Supplements
Interested in learning more? Schedule a FREE Assessment today!
Read more about Arthritis at FYZICAL:
What is Arthritis?
Common symptoms of Arthritis involve the joints. Depending on your condition, common symptoms include:
- Decreased Range of Motion
Types of Arthritis
There are two main types of Arthritis and both cause different types of damage to our joints. They are Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- This is the most common type of Arthritis and is typically caused due to overuse/wear-and-tear. This occurs when the protective cartilage on the ends of our bones wears down. If enough damage to the protective cartilage occurs, it can result in bone grinding between bones, causing pain, restricted movement, and sometimes bone spurs.
- This can be a result of both, wear-and-tear over an extended period of time and by a joint related injury/infection.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- With this form of Arthritis, the body’s immune system attacks the lining of the joint capsule. The lining, known as the Synovial Membrane, encloses all of the joint’s parts, becomes inflamed and swollen. This form of Arthritis can eventually destroy cartilage and bone within the affected joint.
Arthritis Risk Factors
- Family History
- Some types of Arthritis may be associated to your family genetics/medical history, leaving you more likely to develop Arthritis. Genetics can make you more susceptible to environmental factors that may cause Arthritis.
- As we age, our bones and joints age with us naturally. This, as well as other factors like working, weight gain, and medical conditions, can leave you more susceptible to developing Arthritis.
- Gender is not a major factor in contributing to the development of Arthritis. However, most people who are diagnosed with Gout, a form of Arthritis, are men, while most people who are diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis are women.
- Previous Injury History
- If you have previously experienced a joint related injury, typically while playing a sport, you are more likely to develop some form of Arthritis to the affected joint.
- Carrying a healthy weight is imperative for your joint health. The added weight puts an additional stress on your joints; specifically on your weight bearing joints: Knees, Hips, and Spine.
How FYZICAL Can Help!
At FYZICAL, your Doctor of Physical Therapy will tailor a plan of care specific to your needs after the initial evaluation, taking your personal goals and aspirations into consideration. Some general treatment techniques to address your Arthritis are:
- Pain Management
- At FYZICAL, our Doctors of Physical Therapy will use various treatments and modalities to address your pain, such as electrical stimulation, heat, ice, Dry Needling, the Miracle Wave™, and more! In addition to our treatments, we have our own FDA Reviewed topical pain cream that helps our patients with their acute and chronic pain on their own! For more information, visit Fyzical123.com.
- Manual Therapy
- An important part of the FYZICAL 123® process is the actual applicator used to apply the cream to the affected sight. The applicator is ergonomically designed to help the cream penetrate the top layer of the skin, to break up scar tissue, and to stimulate the healing process by increasing the blood flow to the affected area. This process is called The Pensivy Method™.
- Therapeutic Exercise
- These exercises are designed for increasing your flexibility, to help with strengthening, and for overall endurance to help you return to your desired level of health and function.
- Functional Exercise
- These exercises are designed to help you return to your daily functioning activities, like work, home-life, or sports activities. These exercises may also include Balance and Coordination exercises.
- Self-Care Instruction
- At FYZICAL, we equip our patients with the knowledge and the tools to maintain their desired level of health and function. Your Doctor of Physical Therapy will provide you with tips to manage your pain at home, design a safe and effective Home Exercise Program for you to do in addition to your treatment, and will provide you with the knowledge of how to properly manage your Arthritis related pain without the intervention of prescription opioids.