Chronic Pain Management at FYZICAL
At FYZICAL, we understand that Acute and Chronic Pain are subjective to the one affected and varies based on the individuals pain tolerance. Our Chronic Pain Management Program is individually tailored to each patient and their level of needs. Our Doctors of Physical Therapy provide ALL of our patients experiencing Chronic Pain, with various pain relieving techniques as well as tools to for Self-Managed Pain Management.
You Deserve to Love Your Life™! Schedule a FREE Assessment Today!
Read more about our Chronic Pain Management Program at FYZICAL:
What is Chronic Pain?
Pain is a subjective experience that can be limiting to those experiencing it. At FYZICAL, we want our patients to know, we understand that they are in pain and that their concerns will not go unnoticed. Our Doctors of Physical Therapy work closely with you to address ALL of your health concerns and will work towards helping you find relief as well as symptom management.
Common Causes of Chronic Pain
It is important to state that Chronic Pain can sometimes occur without a known underlying cause. Common causes of Chronic Pain may include:
- Past Injuries or Surgeries
- Back/Postural Problems
- Migraines and other forms of Headaches
- Nerve Damage
Common symptoms, if presented over an extended period of time, may include:
- Dull Aching
- Feeling Tired
- Loss of Appetite
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Mood Swings
Chronic Pain By The Numbers
The following statistics are from data compiled by the American Academy of Pain Medicine.
- 100 Million Americans are affected by Chronic Pain
- The Total Annual Cost of Health Care due to Pain is between $560 and $635 Billion.
- Women are more likely to experience Pain than men.
- Back Pain is the leading cause of disability in Americans under 45.
- An estimaed 20% of Americans (42 Million) report Pain as a cause for interupted sleep patterns.
- Chronic Pain affects more Americans (100 Million) than the combined total of those affected by Diabetes (25.8 Million), Coronary Heart Disease (16.3 Million), Stroke (7.0 Million), and Cancer (11.9 Million).
- The 4 Most Common Types of Reported Pain are:
- Back Pain (28.1%)
- Knee Pain (19.5%)
- Severe Headache or Migraine (16.1%)
- Neck Pain (15.1%)
Chronic Pain Relief at FYZICAL
At FYZICAL, we are proud to offer our patients a wide range of services to address their Chronic Pain Complaints. The following services are either incorporated into your Orthopedic Physical Therapy Plan of Care or are apart of our Discharge Bridge Program:
- FYZICAL 123 Topical Pain Cream
- Manual Physical Therapy
- Electrical Stimulation
- Therapeutic Dry Needling
- Aquatic Therapy
- The Miracle Wave™
- Postural Awareness
- Body Mechanics Instruction
- Fascial Stretch Therapy